Our directors are diverse. We are:
- Teachers with a passion for the outdoors.
- Scientists who assure that the restoration work we do is sound.
- Public officials with the public’s best interests at heart.
- Sportsmen, who value our public recreation.
We are united by our common vision: that the lands we call home will remain productive, beautiful, and healthy, so that our children and our children’s children can share our love of the lands we call home.
- Chairman – Steve Daniels: Professor in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at Utah State University. Community Development Specialist in University extension. Steve is an avid sporstman, and his expertise with natural resource conflict management is an enormous boon to BRLC.
- Vice-Chair – Glen Busch: Avid outdoorsman. Environmental planner and cartographer at BIO-WEST, Inc in Logan, Utah. Master’s Degree from Utah State University in Bioregional Planning. Member of several local nonprofit organizations involved with trails, non-motorized recreation, sustainability, and environmental education. Participates in community visioning processes, agricultural preservation, and open space preservation.
- Secretary – Dirk Baker
- Treasurer – Crista Sorenson: M.S. in Plant Science from Utah State University with emphasis in Sustainable Systems and Outrech. Living in Logan since 2009, Crista has a passion for local agriculture and food, and as a mother cares about the environment she will leave for her children. “My grandfather grew up in Smithfield. As a child we would often visit Logan Canyon and Bear Lake for large family get-togethers. I worry that much of this beautiful valley is going to be developed as the family farms die out.”
- Kelly Anderson
- Cody Jensen
- Norm Mecham
- Dave Rayfield: Entrepreneur, sportsman, small business owner, trails and outdoor recreation proponent, chairman of Cache County Critical Lands Task Force and the 2008 Proposition 1 Open Space Initiative for Cache County. Dave has been fighting for land conservation in Cache Valley for two decades. Founding member of BRLC.
- Mark Brunson
- Bryan Dixon
- Nat Frazer
- Nathan Hult
- Brenda & Keith Meikle
- Wendell Morse
- Bryce Nielson
- Jay Nielson
- Laraine Swenson
- Michael Taylor
- Paul Willie
Interested in joining our board? Please contact us.